Thursday 5 July 2012

Twitter and Lego Creations

While I was trying to get pregnant with LBR, carrying him, trying to  get pregnant again and carrying LBL. This whole world happened that I have absolutely no idea about. I was out of the Media and Marketing for about 5 years and  New Media  errupted. Twitter, Facebook, Intergram, Blogging,.Pinterest, Google+ to name but a few.  (they are the only ones I know of. . .I suspect there are hundreds more!)


I worked in PR and Marketing, I was always a hip happening type of gal. So how did this whole world pass me by? I have a very good friend who writes Liberty London Girl. She has a HUGE following. Makes a great living (and is also super talented) I would talk to her and still didn't register how massive all this is.


Tonight I have been trying to tweet, well, work out the purpose and why people tweet. I have linked my twitter page to face book and this blog. . . .I am very impressed with myself. But now I have to work out what to do with it all!  All of a sudden I feel so old!
















To make matters worse, or to rub it in.  LBR wanted to start his own blog. I have over a few months been taking photos of his Lego creations. He is really good, but more importantly he loves building things. So that was our theme. The blog is called Redds Lego.  He is a typical boy and has shown no sign of wanting to write as its "too boring" I thought this might be a way of starting him off and something we could do together. 













The first entry was written by me, but in LBR words. Well,  within 5 minutes of uploading the page. He had 24 views. By the end of the day he had 90. It took me 5 weeks to have 90 hits per day on this blog, it took my 5 year old 5 hours. . . . Feeling very old and slightly inadequate




A grey detailed round neck t shirt w




ith a union jack on the front and a tour detail on the back.A bit like a band

A grey detailed round neck t shirt with a union jack on the front and a tour detail on the back.A bit like a band tour t shirt.A good rocker look for the tough guy.We love it.Fab with a pair of converse and a chunky belt.
 tour t shirt.A good rocker look for the tough guy.We love it.Fab with a pair of converse and a chunky belt.

3 comments:

  1. I find all the social networking stuff overwhelming .... I havent the time for it all ... I'm lucky if I have the time to go on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps ... I see you sorted out the comments/reply problem. Also love your boys blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't either. writing this blog takes up soooo much time. I also try and read other peoples posts. I take LBR to and from school. I walk the dogs i take LBL to what every class he is in. I pick Redd up again. Feed them. Bed routine. Then it's about 8.00ish i then cook, clean and then I have time for me! How does everyone else do it?

    ReplyDelete